Friday, May 29, 2015

DIY: Dog Feeder

In order to corral multiple dog dishes and keep them from moving around while the dogs ate, we've always put them in some sort of raised container, such as plant stands. Although effective, it didn't make for a very pretty solution. I sketched out this idea and then attempted to bring it to life. It's pretty much a long box with drawers and mid-century style legs.

To get the shape I used an IKEA Lack shelf that we had lying around and "skinned" it with plywood. Then I cut out four holes that would fit our existing dog bowls (and bought a few extra).
 
Then I gave everything a couple coats of Americana Decor's chalk paint. I made two custom mixtures, one green, one blue. I started with two layers of green, then added a layer of blue and distressed it so the green would show through. Then I finished it with two layers of tung oil.  The six legs I purchased from Home Depot and stained a light maple. They also were finished with tung oil.

I used pieces of trim pine from Michaels for the faux drawer fronts, stained them to match the legs and added library label holders as well as little brass knobs. I used wood glue to glue them to the front of the box and then attached all the legs.


And DONE!







1 comment:

  1. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy.toppets automatic feeder manual

    ReplyDelete